Yes, freelancing is absolutely halal. There is no restriction on it in Islamic law and Shariah.
Freelancing is the need of a human being in terms of the modern age, there is no restriction on you, and you can earn as much as you want. If you work in an office, they give you a certain monthly amount, but in freelancing, it depends on you how much you want to earn.
But the question arises in the minds of Muslims that whether is freelancing halal or haram? If you are a Muslim and are working as a freelancer, you should know what you are doing. You have to clarify the principles about working as a freelancer regarding religion.
What is freelancing?
Freelancing is independent employment. Freelancing is different from those people who work in an office from nine in the morning to five in the evening.
In freelancing, you provide your services to a buyer in return for which he pays you. Freelancers work on temporary contracts. There are websites dedicated to freelancing where freelancers sell their services
Freelancing Halal or Haram in Islam?
For a Muslim, any work that is outside the boundary of Islam and Shariat is forbidden and illegal.
So freelancing is halal and permissible as long as you follow the principles of Islam and do not work on forbidden things.
For example, if you work for a gambling or alcoholic brand or work for an industry that promotes immorality, it is forbidden and illegal.
On the contrary, if you provide any web designing, logo designing, online Quran teaching, or any other service, then it is halal.
Haraam Jobs in Islam
There are many services in Freelancing that are forbidden for a Muslim such as
- Promoting music or dancing
- Any volgurs femals photo editing
- Durgus related work
- For any porn work
- Any alcoholic company
- some trades of Crypto (not all)
- fraudulent service
- For gambling
- For a sect engages Interest
- any nakedness of men or women
Hallal Jobs in Islam
There are thousands of Halal freelancing skills that you can do and earn a good income.
Some high-demanded skills are given below
- Graphic Designing
- Content writing
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Search engine marketing (SEM)
- Search Social Marketing (SMM)
- Web designing development
- Mobile app development
- Business Consultant
- Data entry
- Logo maker
- Video editing (not dance or other illegal)
- Event planner
Freelance work in Islam
If you are offering your services in graphic designing, content writing, SEO, copywriting and development, etc. So there is nothing wrong with services like this.
The most important thing is that you should help people and make their lives easier, or teach them the truth, or promote the rule of justice. It is also to discuss the problems of religion and the world.
When Freelancing Is Haraam?
- When you are an employee of a company or institute, and you don’t complete your job.
- When you don’t satisfy your clients.
- When you do the working for alcoholic brands.
- When you are working for a company that offers adult services
- When you don’t fulfill the requirements of the client
- When you don’t deliver within a fixed limit time
- When you take a big amount for little bit work.
- When you show fake results to your clients.
Islamic Rules for Freelancing
- Take complete requirements in the agreement
- Don’t take that project which you can’t illegible.
- Complete the project at any cost when you deal with it
- Don’t work for haraam/adults things
- Always speak the truth